Piratininga is a collective printmaking studio run by artists with the purpose of sharing the workspace, information, ideas, artistic and educational projects. It values the individual production of each artist and believes in human development through art.
Since its foundation in 1993, Piratininga Atelier organizes and participates in many exhibitions in Brazil and abroad as well as in meetings with artists, courses, workshops, exchange projects, symposiums, lectures and publications involving numerous partners and collaborators. Moreover, it houses dozens of artists who develop short – or long term – projects through the Art Residency program.
Atelier Piratininga is located in the district of Vila Madalena, in Sao Paulo city, a neighborhood known for hosting a variety of art spaces, galleries, culture and entertainment.
Artist Residency Program
The program enables artists to develop independently temporary projects using the facilities of the studio space for the practice of engraving, woodcut, photogravure, screen printing and drawing. And, surrounding all those activities, the benefit of interacting with other artists.
We encourage the participation of young students and artists who wish to complement their training by working with other artists at the same space. Such experience can – or can not, it depends on the resident’s choice – be combined with a course or exposition.
Atelier Piratininga is equipped to provide a safe and healthy professional work environment. The Visiting Artist Program aims to encourage artistic exchanges, to create common/collective projects, to experiment new techniques as well as learning other culture and language.
To participate in the program, the applicant must send a PDF, to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, containing:
– Your experience with drawing and engraving in the recent years
– Description of the project to be developed during the residence period.
– Project schedule (including the specific days and hours you want intend to use the space)
– from 5 up to 10 photos of recent work in the area of engraving and/or drawing.
Atelier Piratininga is open throughout the year which means that the artist can submit its proposal at any time. The aplication must be sent two months before the begining of the residence proposed (according the the applicant’s schedule proposal) .
The applicant’s project must have a minimum of two weeks and a maximum of two months .
Atelier Piratinga opens Monday to Friday:
Mornings: 10am – 2pm
Afternoons: 2pm to 6pm
In his project proposal, the artist may:
– develop a work presentation to the public including the processes involved and final results
– Offer open courses or workshops to the public
– offer open conversation or lectures
Atelier Piratininga has the committment to promote (in social media, for example) the artist’s process during his period of residency as well as possible proposed activities.
If Atelier Piratinga has the necessary requirements to host the project, it contacts the artist.
For more informations send us an e-mail : email@example.com
FORA TEMER CAPIROTO
Structure and art supplies offered by the atelier:
- Complete engraving in relief and encavo atelier with Topal press: Table = 120 x 69 cm
- Laboratory of screen printing processes
- Outdoor area for meetings, classes, carpentry and other works
- Exhibition Rooms and corridors
- woodworking tools
- Collective inks and rollers for woodcut engraving
- Basic art supplies for engraving, including: mordants and varnishes.
- copper plate shredder
- resin box – 90 cm lenght and 60 cm deep
- Tables with glass bases
- Light tracing table – 80 x 60 cm
- 3 murals + staves for fixing and hanging prints
- steel drawer units and prints collection
- tank for general use
– Basic cleaning products for woodcut and etching engraving
- Location to storage individual belongings (art purposes only)
- kitchen with fridge and microwave
Facilities found in the surroudings:
Atelier Piratininga is located next to a parking lot, several restaurants, bakeries, bookstores, hotels and hostels, art galleries, stationers (Japanese paper) and art supplies stores, frame shops, supermarkets, banks, subway station (Vila Madalena / Fradique Coutinho), train (Pinheiros) and several bus lines.
Art supplies in charge to the resident artist:
– Personal use tools
– Metal plates
– inks (etching or silkscreen)
– Other materials not mentioned above
Atelier Piratininga does not provide accommodation However, we take responsability to help the artist find housing possibilities . In the surroundings of the atelier there are a variety of hotels, hostels and guesthouses.
Program 1 (two weeks of residence)
4 days per week
R $ 600
Program 2 (1 month of residence)
4 days per week
R $ 1,000
3 days per week
R $ 800
Program 3 (2 months of residence)
4 days per week
R $ 1,800
3 days per week
R $ 1,600